Enhance your Application Lifecycle using Visual Studio Online and TFS - Workshop by Anthony BortonThis pre-conference hands-on workshop (additional registration required) provides a full day of hands-on training on the latest releases of Visual Studio ALM. Whether you use Visual Studio Online or Team Foundation Server, this is the pre-con workshop for you. This workshop is delivered by industry expert Anthony Borton, Microsoft Visual Studio ALM MVP and lead ALM trainer behind www.alm-training.com.
|Who should attend||
As a member of an Agile development team, you want to learn how recent releases and updates to Visual Studio can help in the task of delivering better software, more frequently.
This pre-conference workshop has been developed as a level 200 event to help get conference attendees up to speed with recent updates and enhancements in Visual Studio Online and Team Foundation Server. The goal is to maximize your understanding of the product and its features prior to the ALM Forum kicking off.
This workshop is significantly different to last year’s workshop so last year’s workshop attendees should consider coming along.
Course AbstractSince the release of Visual Studio 2012, Microsoft have adopted a new release cadence resulting in far more frequent releases and updates. Often many of the new and improved features go unnoticed as we’re busily getting on with the busy of releasing our own software.
Staying across all of the new features is time consuming and challenging. This workshop will take all the hard work away and bring to up to speed with all the latest improvements.
Some of the key topics include:
- How to take advantage of the latest enhancements to Visual Studio Online and TFS
- New and improved for Agile project management - Improved boards, Query enhancements, Work Item charting and tagging, Kanban split columns and DoD, add & edit on the boards and more
- New and improved for Developers - including improved Git support, CodeLens, Code Search and more
- New and improved for Testers - Including Web based TCM, export artifacts, shared parameters, Test execution charts and results and more
- New and improved for DevOps - Including Application Insights, Build, Build v.Next, Release Management and more
- New and improved licensing - you’re probably entitled to more than you realize
Quotes from past attendees of Anthony's ALM workshops:
- "Pragmatic, discussion of complex topics without the koolaid."
- "Extremely well presented workshop."
- "Very well presented with the presenter taking time to answer the audience questions well."
- "Anthony was very entertaining to listen to. He kept me entertained and engaged. Excellent job."
- "Anthony is a very engaging presenter."
About Anthony Borton
Anthony Borton is the lead ALM consultant for Enhance ALM Pty Ltd, an Australian consulting and training company specializing in Application Lifecycle Management and Microsoft Visual Studio. He delivers training on Microsoft’s ALM products through Seattle-based training provider, QuickLearn Inc and is the lead ALM trainer behind www.alm-training.com.
Anthony is a sought after trainer and has delivered technical training and consulting in the United States, Europe and all across the Asia Pacific region. He is a Microsoft MVP (Visual Studio ALM), a Microsoft Certified Trainer and was Australia’s first Professional Scrum Developer Trainer.