Managing your application lifecycle with TFS - Workshop by Anthony BortonThis pre-conference hands-on workshop (additional registration required) provides a full day of hands-on agile Team Foundation Server management by industry expert Anthony Borton, Microsoft Visual Studio ALM MVP and lead ALM trainer behind www.alm-training.com.
|Who should attend||
As a member of an Agile development team, you want to learn the best practices for setting up a new project on Team Foundation Server, so that your team can get the best possible start for delivering
better software, more frequently.
This pre-conference workshop has been developed as a level 200 event to help get conference attendees up to speed with TFS and maximize their understanding of the product and its features prior to the ALM Forum kicking off.
Course AbstractFrequently Microsoft Team Foundation Server finds its way into organizations through well intentioned developers taking upon themselves to install and configure it. Unfortunately this usually leads to a very ad-hoc usage of the product that fails to deliver the real benefits of an integrated Application Lifecycle Management suite.
In tIn this workshop, attendees will start by setting up a brand new Team Project on TFS 2013 and then proceed to configure everything required to get their team ready for their first iteration.
Some of the key topics include:
- Entering our requirements and setting up our portfolio backlog
- Configuring our two teams with independent backlogs and taskboards
- Introducing the team members to the appropriate tools for their role
- Fostering collaboration using Team Rooms and adding users and events
- Preparing version control for our developers to get started
- Getting QA ready to kick off with their first test plan
- Leveraging the out of the box reports and creating ad-hoc reports
Quotes from Past Workshop Attendees
- "Pragmatic, discussion of complex topics without the koolaid."
- "Extremely well presented workshop."
- "Very well presented with the presenter taking time to answer the audience questions well."
- "Speaker was very entertaining to listen to. He kept me entertained and engaged. Excellent job."
- "Anthony is a very engaging presenter."
About Anthony Borton
Anthony Borton is the lead ALM consultant for Enhance ALM Pty Ltd, an Australian consulting and training company specializing in Application Lifecycle Management and Microsoft Visual Studio. He delivers training on Microsoft’s ALM products through Seattle-based training provider, QuickLearn Inc and is the lead ALM trainer behind www.alm-training.com.
Anthony is a sought after trainer and has delivered technical training and consulting in the United States, Europe and all across the Asia Pacific region. He is a Microsoft MVP (Visual Studio ALM), a Professional Scrum Developer Trainer and a Microsoft Certified Trainer.